The Path

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Umar radiyalaahu anhuma had mentioned, "Whoever wishes to follow the way of another, should follow the ways of those who have passed away. These were the companions of Muhammad sallalaahu alayhi wassalam, who were the best people of this Ummah. Their hearts were most pious, their knowledge was deepest and they were least pretentious. They were people whom Allah Ta'ala had chosen to be companions of His Nabi sallalaahu alayhi wassalam and for the transmission of His Deen. You people should emulate their character and mannerisms. By the Rabb of the Kaabah! The Sahabah radiyalaahu anhum of Rasulullah sallalaahu alayhi wassalam were correctly guided."

Wednesday 7 July 2010

A Closer Look at Wahhabism - Part 3



Needless to say, our relationship turned sour. I ceased to attend his weekly early morning lectures. We both merely exchanged faked smiles whenever we bumped onto each other in the masjid. By this time, from the many various muzakarah or discussions and advices that I had with various knowledgeable ustaadzs who are well-versed in all the four madzhahabs, it is crystal clear to me the fitnah of wahhabism that he was trying to advocate and spread.

After about a month, I realised that he was nowhere to be seen at the masjid on his usual weekly lectures. I was told that finally the other namazis had enough of his unconventional lectures. It happened one day when apparently he caused much stir and uproar among the people in the masjid when he gave the most disparaging remarks. He told the people openly in his lecture that the namaaz or prayer of those who pray fajar namaaz behind an imam who recited the qunoot du'a would be invalidated. These ridiculous statement had disheartened many people that finally caused his lectures to be cut off and cancelled. I did not know to what extent the damage of the remarks had caused. I was not there. But I remember feeling glad that the attempt to spread the fitnah of wahhabism in my masjid was finally over.

Meanwhile, my wife and two very young daughters was enjoying an attached relationship with his wife and daughters. Both my daughters were very fond of his daughter, their Quran teacher. Sometimes my wife would cook some food and a portion of it to his family. After all we are very close neighbours. Our house are only a few feet away from their house. And during all these time I kept all the encountering episodes between me and him to myself, seeing no point to involve my family in the matter that did not concern and benefit them.

However, the most unfortunate event happened during my 40 days khuruuj in the path of Allah to Sabah. My wife started to receive photocopied articles and materials in our post box, some of which were from a wahhabis' website and some others originated from Indonesia. Most of the materials written were utter rubbish and craps condemning the effort of dakwah and tabligh with the most deregatory and slanderous statements. A couple day after that, his wife called my wife over the phone asking her opinion about the articles, coaxing and alluring my wife to  accede to the rubbish and craps stated in the materials about tablighi jamaat. Little did she knew that my wife had already traveled with me several times in khuruuj in masturaat jamaat (husbands and wives jamaat) and already had tasted the sweetness of making effort on imaan and aamal. In the end, when my wife refused to subscribe to her constant pestering, his wife then relentlessly told my wife not to send our two daughters to her house for the Quran recitation lessons anymore for her family had to severe relationship with my family for we are the astrayed (sesat) people! I briefly mentioned about this unfortunate event in my earlier notes 40 Days in Sabah.

It was just simply astonishing the extent of brainwashing he and his family were willing to force onto other people.May Almighty Allah have mercy on us and them.

9 comments:

  1. masih senyum walaupun palsu....kira ok ke? jiran kan saudara?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,
    Cakap senang, amal susah...(faking smile)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be tough to have that kind of people as neighbours...InsyaAllah, by the 'berkat' of the daily taalim in your home, they'll be shown the right path soon...

    been gaining a lot from your writings....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amin to your du'a...
    Alhamdulillah, glad that my occasional writings benefit someone...salam to suhaimi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aslmkm.. Jazakallah Haji, perkongsian yang menarik berkenaan Wahabism.. Kena sabar banyak la. Tamsilan Orang tengah lemas dalam sungai macam yang haji ceritakan itu membuatkan saya tersenyum2 teringatkan gelagat mereka. Dalam masa yang sama perasaan sedih juga.

    Moga Allah pelihara kita.. Moga Allah beri kita faham agama sebagaimana sahabat2 faham agama. Moga cara hidup nabi dapat dipraktikan dalam kehidupan seharian kita, bukan sekadar untuk diperbahaskan.. Allahummahdina wahdibina waj'alna sababan limanihtada..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ishak Zaini,
    Jazakallah atas nasihat tuan...dan untuk segala doa tuan, aamin ya Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam Tuan..

    Serve to lead sir...
    That's the spirit we used to uphold

    Should I say 'always'...

    JazakAllah...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam Tuan;

    Look for Muzaffar Abu Bakar on your facebook, I tried to find yours, doesn't appear... perhaps I need more training on this IT things..

    Syukran...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muzaffar, jazakallah for your kind words. Glad that I'm able to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete